We had our first day back at school today. I have to admit, I was not as prepared as I had hoped to be; much of our 3 days of in-service was taken up with meetings from a new consultant working with the district because of NCLB AYP issues.
I did pull out a "Who I Am" sheet that I had seen originally on one blog and then repeated on another. For my part of the introduction, I created a small 4 "slide" presentation in Notebook establishing my connections to the community and the school.
Today, we had abbreviated classes due to an introductory assembly (which was a GREAT success), so tomorrow we'll have full classes, but more interruptions due to planned attendance of the former governor's funeral procession.
I have a Powerpoint that I've used for introduction to the rules and procedures, but I'd really like to make the process more interactive. Last year, I went totally toward group discussion and creation of the classroom rules, but it was not particularly effective. I need a middle ground, but am probably not going to find it in the the next 30 minutes before I go to bed. Something to think about though and reflect on.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment